Total Pageviews

Sunday 8 December 2013

Advanced medical imaging, a new hope for medical field!!!!!

A research team at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln's Extreme Light Laboratory had developed a new way to generate synchroton x-rays, which are high enough in quality for advanced medical imaging, among other applications. 

Physics Professor Donald Umstadter, director of the Lab, led this research project. He compares the synchroton x-ray breakthrough to the development of personal computers, giving more people access to computing power once available only via large and costly mainframe computers. Shrinking components of advanced laser-based technology will increase the feasibility of producing high-quality x-rays in medical and university research laboratories, which in turn lead to new applications for the x-rays. 

The new x-ray device could be small enough to fit in a hospital. This can increase the usage in wide range of applications. 
Doctoral student Nathan displays the electron accelerator used to generate x-ray light

No comments:

Post a Comment

If anyone has any other questions or requests for future posts,how to posts, you can ask me in comments or email me. Please don't feel shy at all!

I'm certainly not an expert, but I'll try my hardest to explain what I do know and research what I don't know. I would love to hear your thoughts! Be sure to check back again. I would certainly reply to your comments :)