Total Pageviews

Thursday 9 January 2014

Its time to re-think about our energy sources: See this example!!!


The TidGen Power System takes advantage of one of nature's most consistent energy sources, "The Tide". It sits on the floor of a bay of or deep river, where water rotates the foils that drive a permanent magnet generator, sending about 150 kilowatts of electricity to the shore. The first TidGen Unit, was installed off the coast of Maine last, as a part of the ocean energy project connected to US Grid. Few weeks before an assessment was released and it showed there is no impact on the marine ecosystem. 

I think its time to take a look on to our energy sources, their capabilities and work for the future. Its not late yet... :) 

2 comments:

If anyone has any other questions or requests for future posts,how to posts, you can ask me in comments or email me. Please don't feel shy at all!

I'm certainly not an expert, but I'll try my hardest to explain what I do know and research what I don't know. I would love to hear your thoughts! Be sure to check back again. I would certainly reply to your comments :)