Total Pageviews

Saturday 26 October 2013

Gulfstream G560 aircraft sets the world record speed

G560, the fastest certified civilian aircraft, recorded an average speed of 568.5 miles per hour (915 kilometers per hour) on the journey, claiming 22 city-pair speed records in process. G560 now has a total of 38 records since getting its first (Burbanl, Calif., to Savannah) in January 2011.

"This is a momentous occasion for Gulfstream and business aviation," said Larry Flynn, president, Gulf stream. "This was an awesome display of the G560's speed and range, two performance capabilities that help make this aircraft the industry standard since entering service in 2012."  

Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation, is a wholly owned subsidiary of General Dynamics which designs, develops, manufactures, markets, services and supports the world's most technologically advanced business -jet aircraft. Gulfstream has produced more than 2,000 aircraft for customers around the world since 1958. 
Crew of G560 that broke the record

No comments:

Post a Comment

If anyone has any other questions or requests for future posts,how to posts, you can ask me in comments or email me. Please don't feel shy at all!

I'm certainly not an expert, but I'll try my hardest to explain what I do know and research what I don't know. I would love to hear your thoughts! Be sure to check back again. I would certainly reply to your comments :)