Total Pageviews

Thursday 24 October 2013

Google brings a new method for teaching basic Quantum Physics rules


The internet giant have developed  a new method for teaching the basic quantum physics rules. Google teamed up with MinecraftEdu and Caltech's Insitute for Quantum Information and Matter to build this game mod. They are using the popular game Minecraft as a mode to help the people the basics of quantum physics. This will help to avoid the strangeness with physics at the same time learn the theories in an enjoyable fashion. 

The concept called 'qCraft' mode which Google brought to Minecraft makes physics fun to learn. It helps the players to work with quantum rules such as superposition, entanglement and observational dependency. These tricks helps players to create quantum teleporters. This will make entangled Minecraft blocks that can both be affected simultaneously by changing the properties of just one block, build castle drawbridges that vanish when seen from different perspectives. 

The qCraft mod also expresses Google's broader interest in quantum computing. In future we might be seeing a variety of posts and educational resources on qcraft.org. 

2 comments:

If anyone has any other questions or requests for future posts,how to posts, you can ask me in comments or email me. Please don't feel shy at all!

I'm certainly not an expert, but I'll try my hardest to explain what I do know and research what I don't know. I would love to hear your thoughts! Be sure to check back again. I would certainly reply to your comments :)