Total Pageviews

Saturday 19 October 2013

Can't see the front of your road? is there a big vehicle in front of you? See-through System to the rescue


Imagine you are stuck behind a large vehicle. No one likes it. Even I don't like it. Such a situation not only hold you up, but it also make our life miserable as we cant see around, in order to check whether or not its safe to pass. Prof. Michel Celestino Paiva Ferreira and his team from University of Porto, Portugal have come up with a solution. 

The technology is called the 'See-Through System (STS). It helps the driver to see through and help him to decide challenging decisions such overtaking etc. These systems were initially tested on a driving simulator environment. Then moved to real time environment. They have achieved astonishing results which are quite promising. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If anyone has any other questions or requests for future posts,how to posts, you can ask me in comments or email me. Please don't feel shy at all!

I'm certainly not an expert, but I'll try my hardest to explain what I do know and research what I don't know. I would love to hear your thoughts! Be sure to check back again. I would certainly reply to your comments :)