Total Pageviews

Friday 18 October 2013

ProFlex PCR system- thermal cycler with remote access

The only thermal cycler that allows simultaneous remote access by three users to control three independent blocks.  ProFlex PCR system helps to keep our lab's PCR experiments visible, controllable and on track. 

So what is a Thermal Cycler? Thermal cycler is a laboratory apparatus most commonly used to amplify of DNA through polymerase chain reaction (PCR). They are often used to facilitate other temperature sensitive reactions. The device has a thermal block with holes where tubes holding the reaction mixtures can be inserted. The cycler then raises and lowers the temperature of the block in discrete, pre-programmed steps. Modern thermal cyclers are equipped with heated lid that presses against the lids of the reaction tubes. This prevents condensation of water from the reaction mixtures on the insides of the lids. Traditionally, layer of mineral oil was used for this purpose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If anyone has any other questions or requests for future posts,how to posts, you can ask me in comments or email me. Please don't feel shy at all!

I'm certainly not an expert, but I'll try my hardest to explain what I do know and research what I don't know. I would love to hear your thoughts! Be sure to check back again. I would certainly reply to your comments :)