Total Pageviews

Saturday 19 October 2013

Conductive cosmetics: does she open the door in a blink of an eye??


Imagine a girl switching of her TV in a single blink of her eye? From one point its so funny and some might even become curious about how it happened. Some may even think of old exorcist movies. :D :) Quite strange, right? :) 

How does she do it? Answer might be given by the Computer Scientist Katia Vega, a researcher at Rio de Janeiro's Pontifical Catholic University, who has developed conductive eye shadows and false eye lashes that can be used to control wearable computers. Its not a strange fiction or exorcism :D, its pure technology. 

 Katia Vega have used voluntary movements to amplify intentions, where our body acts as the new input device. For example: let us take her eyes lashes technology. Here blinking is sensed via conductive eye shadow and the information is sent to a circuit inside a headband activating something via an infra red beam. But at the same time the circuit doesn't respond to involuntary eye blinks. So far she has used this technology to launch a handheld miniature drone and activated an LED display worn on her head. Another key search is happening on finger nails which will be consisting of hidden RFID tags that can open electric doors etc.  Currently negotiations are going on with key cosmetic companies about this technology  which might become a wearable fashion trend. 

Definitely this is a thought outside the box and I am really amazed with her work. I hope definitely she will bring a new trend in the field of fashion and technology. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If anyone has any other questions or requests for future posts,how to posts, you can ask me in comments or email me. Please don't feel shy at all!

I'm certainly not an expert, but I'll try my hardest to explain what I do know and research what I don't know. I would love to hear your thoughts! Be sure to check back again. I would certainly reply to your comments :)