Total Pageviews

Wednesday 16 October 2013

Tiny Pacemaker to the rescue

Tiny wireless pacemaker that can be inserted into the body without invasive surgery has been approved to be used in European union. This is developed by Nanostim (US start-up). The device can be implanted directly in the heart and also less than 10% of the size of conventional pacemaker. It has a built-in battery, smaller than AAA battery, that lasts between nine and thirteen years. Some says its at a very early stage  but still an exciting development. There a lot of studies yet to be done, regarding how long the pacemaker last, its precautions and so on. But still its a great development which can  help a lot of cardiac patients, with no wires to trouble them. :D :)  A promise to doctors for easier implantation and a life more comfortable for patients.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If anyone has any other questions or requests for future posts,how to posts, you can ask me in comments or email me. Please don't feel shy at all!

I'm certainly not an expert, but I'll try my hardest to explain what I do know and research what I don't know. I would love to hear your thoughts! Be sure to check back again. I would certainly reply to your comments :)