Total Pageviews

Wednesday 23 October 2013

Smart highway concept: Next time you will not miss the road


In UK, a company named Proteq had come out with an idea which would illuminate the roads enough. This could help to save energy and money since this illumination can eliminate the requirement of street lights. This waterproof coating is called Starpath and it absorbs light during the day and then glows at night.

In fact we can say this idea have been an inspiration from a technique that was tested in Netherlands where paint which glows in dark have been used to denote lanes, traffic markers etc on road traffic. But from Proteq point of view, they use this technique as a source of light for night driving with anti slip properties. This in turn reduce accidents and the paint is non reflective too. This technique was given a test run ath the Christ's Pieces park in Cambridge where it sprayed on 1,600 square feet for walking paths. The process took just 30 minutes and it was opened to the pedestrians after four hours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If anyone has any other questions or requests for future posts,how to posts, you can ask me in comments or email me. Please don't feel shy at all!

I'm certainly not an expert, but I'll try my hardest to explain what I do know and research what I don't know. I would love to hear your thoughts! Be sure to check back again. I would certainly reply to your comments :)