Total Pageviews

Thursday 17 October 2013

Nobel Prize in Physics 2013

The Nobel Prize in Physics 2013 was awarded jointly to Francois Englert and Peter W

Name: Francois Englert
Born on : 6 Novemeber 1932, Etterbeek, Belgium
Affiliation at the time of the award: Universite Libre de Bruxellas, Brussels, Belgium
Prize motivation: "for the theoretical discovery of a mechanism that contributes to our understanding of the origin of mass of subatomic particles, and which recently was confirmed through the discovery of the predicted fundamental particle, by the ATLAS and CMS experiments at CERNS's large Hadron Collider".
Name: Peter W.Higgs
Born on: 29 May 1929, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Affiliation at the time of award: University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Prize motivation:  "for the theoretical discovery of a mechanism that contributes to our understanding of the origin of mass of subatomic particles, and which recently was confirmed through the discovery of the predicted fundamental particle, by the ATLAS and CMS experiments at CERNS's large Hadron Collider".

No comments:

Post a Comment

If anyone has any other questions or requests for future posts,how to posts, you can ask me in comments or email me. Please don't feel shy at all!

I'm certainly not an expert, but I'll try my hardest to explain what I do know and research what I don't know. I would love to hear your thoughts! Be sure to check back again. I would certainly reply to your comments :)