Total Pageviews

Friday 25 October 2013

Girl Power: These girls got real talent- the real powerpuf girls :)

      A group of girls from Providence Day School, US, was awarded up to $10,000 in grant from the Lemelson-MIT InvenTeams Program. An amazing invention which made all of us wonder. What did they develop? They developed a system of interconnected desks that turns the nervous foot-tapping energy of school kids into electric power. It can used for study lights, laptop, fans and so on. 

"In order to get a good education, one of the basic foundation is electricity,So we decided it would be good to start there and give them that basic school" says, Rose DelleFave, the team leader at Providence Day School. In fact the girls also aims to bring the desks to school children in Africa. A very good deed indeed which can help millions of children. The first recipient of this invention will be a school in Red Hill, South Africa.

A diagrammatic presentation of their design 
The Green Renewable Current Desk System consists of six desks arranged in a grid. Under each desk is a pedal akin to those used to power sewing machines. As children tap the pedal, it turns a flywheel that generates electricity. Generators in connection with the system will be continually charging an absorbed glass mat which basically has a lead acid battery and the energy stored in that battery can them be used to power lights or fan etc. inside the class room. 

From this we can hope that our humanity haven't ceased yet. Upcoming generations are still having that power, the power of faith, humanity and the power to save this world. In fact I am really proud of these girls and I hope this will be an example for those who wish to do such good deeds. :) :D 

1 comment:

If anyone has any other questions or requests for future posts,how to posts, you can ask me in comments or email me. Please don't feel shy at all!

I'm certainly not an expert, but I'll try my hardest to explain what I do know and research what I don't know. I would love to hear your thoughts! Be sure to check back again. I would certainly reply to your comments :)