Total Pageviews

Tuesday 22 October 2013

Do you need better running times for your horse? Try the new 3D printed titanium Horse shoe


3D printing has just begun its step ahead in the field of industry. Surprisingly I got a special package from the Australian Scientists in the field of 3D printing. They used a metal 3D printer to produce custom titanium horse shoes for one horse dubbed Titanium Prints. Scientists from CSIRO and one horse trainer John Moloney used 3D scanners to creat a model of the animal's hooves and then printed perfect-fitting, light weight horse shoes. Moloney beleives the shoes can lead the horse to better and faster track times. Since its too light almost half of the weight of traditional aluminium shoe it will surely help the horse in its performance. 


The horse's hooves took very few minutes to get scanned, with the printing completed in less than 24 hours with a cost of about $600. Through this development CSIRO also expresses and demonstrates the astounding range of uses of 3D printers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

If anyone has any other questions or requests for future posts,how to posts, you can ask me in comments or email me. Please don't feel shy at all!

I'm certainly not an expert, but I'll try my hardest to explain what I do know and research what I don't know. I would love to hear your thoughts! Be sure to check back again. I would certainly reply to your comments :)